Saturday, June 2, 2012

ALC begins today! (sort of)

So here we go! Today is kind of the beginning of the aids life cycle experience. We don't actually start riding until tomorrow... but today we have to go spend a few hours at orientation sorting things out. I am not necessarily looking forward to orientation. I am sure it is going to be a shit show with 3000 some people all trying to get things done in one place.

The actual ride starts tomorrow. In my typical fashion, I am all packed and ready to go... I packed like 2 days ago... We have to wake up tomorrow morning at 3am to take our little pup lemmy out and get ready to meet up with our crew to ride down to the cow palace tomorrow. I am totally not looking forward to waking up at 3am to fuck around for like 3 hours before we even get to start our 80 some mile ride tomorrow. Uggg. Everything after today and tomorrow should be pretty awesome though. Don't have to carry my shit. Don't have to plan my route. Don't have to find food on my own. Free gatorade and snacks... Should be pretty awesome!

Anyway, keep checking back. I am going to try to post every day. I am also hoping some of my teammates hop on with the posting!

I leave you with a pic of me ripping and raring to go!



And here is our boy who I will miss!

LASTLY!!!! two of my teammates still need to raise some funds for the trip! Please feel free to donate and cap them off. they are so close!

Jason
http://www.tofighthiv.org/site/TR/AIDSLIFECYCLE11/AIDSLifeCycleCenter?px=2835706&pg=personal&fr_id=1440

Pat
http://www.tofighthiv.org/site/TR/AIDSLIFECYCLE11/AIDSLifeCycleCenter?px=2806997&pg=personal&fr_id=1440

1 comment:

  1. how'd the first day go? deets from the road please!
    -heather

    ReplyDelete