Tuesday, March 30, 2010

back at it.

Soooooooooooooooo, haven't posted in a while. I have been on a biking brake of sorts due to going on a few traveling expeditions. Went to cancun to watch my sister get married then went on a weekend of shows with vile gash. These trips hindered any sort of cycling. With that said... these past few weeks have been the least riding I have done since the month I was in europe. I was slightly worried my ass might have lost it's steel like properties and a long ride may fuck with me. Lucky for me that shit didn't happen as I just returned from my first longish ride in weeks.

Today was the first day this year that I got to ride in decent weather. It was high 50s low 60s which was pretty raging compared to the garbage days zach and I were riding in a few weeks ago. Still a little cold while riding in a hoodie, but much better than the days of yore. Anyway, so I decided to just go out and aimlessly ride around the clarksville / wilmington area. I rode about 20 miles up and down some mega appalachian border zone hills and I must say it was pretty easy. I guess I didn't lose any stamina from the previous weeks of training. But yeah, I rode past many of my high school friend's houses including those of tara harbert and dean johnson. Popped by robert's arena. Then from there took a bunch of back roads that I had no idea existed and thought for sure I was going to get lost. Fortunately I popped out on some road that I drove on during drivers ed. and found my way back to civilization upon stopping at my sister's house. I then ran in to old high school chum brooke crane at the family dollar in clarksville who I don't think I had seen in 10 years.


here is my route


Tomorrow zach and I will be continuing our training by riding from clarksville to xenia and back. This will be about 52 miles or something. THAT'S ALL FOR NOW!!!! WHERE IS LENORA?!

No comments:

Post a Comment